Hello, its been a long time since we updated, and that’s mainly due to both of us being extremely busy with our day jobs. There has however been some progress and this is partly facilitated by our new CNC machine. The CNC was purchased from ebay and so far we have been extremely impressed with the machine.
The first thing we made for The Inebriator was the new glass tray which will hold the glass whilst the drink is being dispensed. The glass tray also needs to house the LED ring to allow for some nice lighting affects.
Last weekend we had a small gathering to put the new console/control system through its paces. The new console is vastly different to the original, in that it runs on a .NETMF board, which sends commands to the Arduino Mega which handles the low level mechanics. It is a much more complicated set up but allows programming in c# which I find much easier to do complicated stuff with than C++ (such as XML processing).
I am very pleased to be able to say it worked flawlessly and a complete success. A total of 60 cocktails served, once again Identity Crisis was by far the most popular. Here’s a video in action:
This is the new console. The original console was always meant to be temporary, it’s just taken us a while to get round to make something more in keeping with the look of The Inebriator. Continue reading →
A bit of good news though, we are currently working on version two which should be much more polished and we are looking into our options for commercialisation. The Inebriator is our first prototype, which we just made for the fun of the challenge and all the recent interest has taken us by surprise.
Following a post on Reddit, which subsequently led to a post on Hack A Day and other sites, we’ve had quite a bit of interest in our little project over the past couple of days. Comments have been very positive, so thanks guys, we really appreciate the feedback.
One recurring theme has been the lack of an Ice Hopper and Stirring mechanism, so thought I would make a post about them. Frankly we would love to add both of these features, and they have been considered many times, but so far we have not found a suitable solution.
Perhaps not the most exciting development, but we have a new cool box! Woohoo! The original cool box was far too small and once filled with plumbed bottles there wasn’t enough room to close it which somewhat limited its effectiveness.
New Cool Box
Purchased from Costco this Igloo 63 litre cool box should have ample room for 10+ bottles. To keep things simple we have decided to only use 2 litre bottles, the picture below shows 9 bottles plumbed in. Continue reading →